Dear brothers and sisters,
Much love to all of you! I miss seeing you terribly!
I hope you are all well.
The parish council and I have been working hard to figure out how to best minister to everyone in this difficult time. To that end we have:
- Started streaming services online, as well as setting up services through Zoom for a more interactive experience that allows us to see one another, and chat a little bit.
- Distributed the Typica service every week, to be prayed at home on Sunday.
- This week, I will plan to also pray the service with you following Liturgy via Zoom (see link below)
- Also, there is nothing stopping, perhaps, two households from joining each other, maybe outside?
- Set aside a portion of our charity fund to be distributed to those in our community who may find themselves in financial difficulties in the coming months.
- Collected a good deal of dry and canned foods for those in need.
- Purchased gift cards to Walmart and Fry’s for those in need. (I have already had the opportunity to share these with two families)
- Started to develop a plan that will help families, and individuals to celebrate Holy Week and Pascha at home to the best of their ability. (Thanks to Ben Maki, our church school director for pulling together resources in this regard).
- Assigned Ellen and John Winn, leaders of the Sisterhood and Brotherhood, to make sure that we are keeping in touch with our most vulnerable parishioners.
If you, or someone you know is in need, please let me know, and we will see what we can do to help!
Please take advantage of the online services and events listed below. There is more to come, but this is what we have scheduled so far.
For events on Facebook, you can just click the link that goes to our Facebook page.
To Join any ZOOM events:
- DOWNLOAD ZOOM on your computer: https://zoom.us/download
- Or, you can download ZOOM on your smartphone in the App Store, or in Google Play.
Once you have the program installed on your computer or phone, you can click the links provided below. You will use the video and audio settings on your computer or phone to participate. In order to control the level of noise, your microphone will be muted to begin with. I will unmute the singers and readers as they join the gathering.
With love in Christ,
ONLINE SERVICE SCHEDULE
- Wednesday, 6 pm Presanctified Liturgy Live-streaming on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/stgeorgeprescott/
- Thursday, 6:30 pm Small Compline, with Reading of the Life of St. Mary of Egypt Virtual Gathering via Zoom: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/594930979
- Friday, 6:30 pm Akathist to the Theotokos Virtual Gathering via Zoom: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/676332013
- Sunday, 9:00 am Divine Liturgy Live-streaming on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/stgeorgeprescott/
- Sunday, 12 Noon. Typica Service. Virtual Gathering via Zoom: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/272177629