St. Romanos Chant and Reading School
Begins Wednesday May 18th. 6 pm
Will Continue the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of Every Month.
Some examples of what we will be learning:
- Byzantine Musical Terminology.
- Byzantine Prosomia (Model Melodies)
- Resurrectional Apolytikia in the Eight Modes.
- New Settings for the Divine Liturgy.
- Sight Reading Music.
- About the various books used in the services and how they work together: the Horologion; Menaion; Triodion; Pentecostarion…
- About the structure of Orthros, Vespers, Compline and the Divine Liturgy.
- Singing together as a choir.
- And more.
All are welcomed and encouraged to attend.